The new guidance provides knowledge to handle signs of crisis professionally in an organization and at the personal level. Rapid support and the right guidance can often help crew to find their feet again.
Price is ex. VAT 25% and shipping. In stock.
|Price (members)||30 DKK|
|Price (non-members)||45 DKK|
|Published||2nd edition, Jun 2011|
|Format||A5, 15 pp., DK / ENG|
Educational institutions may purchase the product for the member price.
More information about the product
For many years, Seahealth Denmark has provided crisis assistance and psychological counselling for the maritime industry. These days we are so well equipped that we can justifiably call the merchant marine our specialty. We are sharing our experiences in a new publication: ”Crisis at sea".
We now have a large team of psychologists with great experience in handling crisis services at home and abroad. They have also helped shipowners in events such as piracy, accidents, deaths aboard, fatal injuries, injuries in heavy weather, pressure of work, stress and depression . They have been close to the events and have provided psychological counselling to those involved to ensure that everybody involved gets the support and counselling they need. Right from the first telephone call to the final assessment.
Seahealth Denmark's offer help to take the load off an organization during a crisis. Specifically we provide:
- Identifying whether, and how much, psychological counselling is required.
- Psychological defusing and debriefing of personnel on location and at the office.
- Sparring with company executives in a crisis situation, including dealing with the personnel directly involved, their colleagues, family and the media.
- Assistance in drawing up best practice as follow-up after a crisis process.
- Sparring as part of drawing up internal guidelines and procedures for crisis management.
- Possibly subsequent psychological follow-up interviews.
New guidance on crisis services
The new guidance provides knowledge to handle signs of crisis professionally in an organization and at the personal level. Rapid support and the right guidance can often help crew to find their feet again. It is important for the situation to be tackled correctly which is why Seahealth makes competent psychologists available when things go wrong aboard. Do not hesitate to contact us for the seamen to have the opportunity to get help in coming to terms with a crisis situation.
The guidance consists of:
- Advice for crew suffering reactions from a crisis
- The first hours after the traumatic event
- Normal reactions after the event
- How to handle post-crisis time
- To management on board: "defusing"