Working on safety at sea is anchored in management and the safety organisation. The introduction of ISM has boosted safety processes but accidents still happen.
More work needs to be done on:
- Specific management of risks aboard and
- Behaviour and attitudes to safety.
- How we work on accident prevention
- Accidents that almost happened - near misses
- Accident prevention material
- Want to know more?
How we work on accident prevention
Seahealth Denmark can for example:
- Do a complete environmental review of the vessel
- Assist in drawing up specific workplace risk assessments for individual dangerous work processes aboard
- Help smaller vessels without their own shipping organisation to make a start on implementing good safety processes
- Give various presentations on safety, prevention, etc., at officer meetings, shipowner meetings or other relevant occasions
- Assist shipowners with a review of design /construction when converting vessels and in newbuildings.
A review of the vessel with a professional consultant from Seahealth Denmark brings fresh eyes to risk factors and a professional approach to removing or reducing risk.
We work with the crew to identify solutions and assignments are adjusted to the needs of individual vessels. We draw up everything from reminder lists to major reports depending on your needs.
Accidents that almost happen - near-misses
Currently much work is being done on the safety culture aboard and influencing attitudes. The work we do on near-misses is part of this process.
www.nearmiss.dk is the sector's own database where companies can report near-miss events from which others can learn. We circulate some of these reports anonymously as "Safety Alerts".
>> Read more about near-miss
>> Read more about safety Alerts
Accident prevention material
We have published a range of material for accident prevention and regularly run campaigns focusing on safety aboard.
>> List of latest publications
Want to know more?
If you would like more information on accident prevention you can find relevant information here:
Rules and regulations:
Accident prevention at land
Senior Occupational Health Consultant
Søren Bøge Pedersen
+45 3311 1833
+45 5364 1609
I can help you with:
- The 8 Safety Links
- Accident prevention in general
- Guidance on mooring
- Welfare-enhancing projects
- The program Health and Safety at Sea